- The Office of the National Coordinator of Health IT launched a complaint website for EHRs.
- The agency seeks to help complaints get to the appropriate federal government official.
- According to a Health IT Buzz Blog post, every received comment will be reviewed by ONC staff.
Acting Deputy National Coordinator Dr. Jon White wrote on the post, “Our goal is a more centralized and streamlined customer service process that will help us aid our understanding of key challenges—including potential ways to address information blocking and improve the security, safety and usability of health IT.”
ONC should be contacted if:
- The issue appears to be related when someone or an entity knowingly and unreasonably interferes with the exchange or use of health information;
- There is an inability to share or receive health information;
- The certified capabilities of the EHR product are not performing to expectations; or
- Safety concerns of the product are being presented.