- Eight healthcare providers landed on the 63rd annual Fortune 500 list.
- Ranked highest among the eight providers is Nashville-based HCA Healthcare, in 63rd place.
- Fortune assembled the list after reviewing total 2016-2017 fiscal year revenues of top-earning companies in the U.S.
The eight healthcare providers on this year’s Fortune 500 list and there ranking are:
- HCA Healthcare – 63
- Community Health Systems – 130
- Tenet Healthcare – 134
- DaVita – 181
- Universal Health Services – 276
- LifePoint Health – 374
- Kindred Healthcare – 376
- Genesis Healthcare – 454
Six of the eight — HCA, Community Health Systems, Tenet, Universal Health Services, LifePoint and Kindred — are hospital management companies.
DaVita, based in Denver, Colo., is one of he largest kidney care companies in the U.S., with 2,382 outpatient dialysis centers nationwide and 162 outside the U.S. The company also operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in seven U.S. states.
Lake Forest, Calif.-based Genesis Healthcare provides short-term post-acute, rehabilitation, skilled nursing and long-term care services in about 450 centers in 30 states.