- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology announced multiple organizational changes in an internal memo sent by National Coordinator for Health IT Karen DeSalvo on Friday.
- The agency is recombining 17 offices into 10, to be overseen by DeSalvo and new Deputy National Coordinator Jacob Reider.
- DeSalvo said that the changes will improve office effectiveness by "combining similar functions, elevating critical priority functions and providing a flatter and more accountable reporting structure."
The new offices and their leaders are as follows:
- Office of Clinical Quality and Safety, Judy Murphy
- Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Analysis, Seth Pazinski
- Office of Standards and Technology, Steve Posnack
- Office of Programs, Kim Lynch
- Office of Public Affairs and Communications, Nora Super
- Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Lisa Lewis
- Office of the Chief Privacy Officer, Joy Pritts
- Office of Policy, Jodi Daniel
- Office of Care Transformation, Kelly Cronin
- Office of the Chief Scientist, Doug Fridsma