FERNDALE, Wash. (Feb. 2, 2024) – Superfeet Rx, the medical division of Superfeet Worldwide, is proud to announce the launch of SAM (Scanning App by Materialise), an innovative new app that integrates seamlessly with Materialise Footscan assessment technology. SAM is a powerful 3D scanning tool for iOS devices, allowing healthcare practitioners to capture precise 3D scans of their patients’ feet without the need for any additional hardware.
The integration with Materialise Phits Suite creates an easy-to-use digital workflow that incorporates software AI to support practitioners in analyzing and designing custom 3D-printed orthotics. The visualization technology provides an in-depth pressure and volumetric overview of the entire foot, while delivering clear insights to patients.
The addition of SAM further elevates Superfeet Rx’s existing suite of digital, end-to-end orthotic solutions, including pressure plate scanning, assessment technology, 3D printed custom orthotics and time-tested over-the-counter solutions. Combining pressure gait analysis and 3D volumetric scans, the precision data capture offered by Materialise and Superfeet Rx is truly unmatched.
“SAM is a game-changer for podiatric care," says Trip Randall, CEO at Superfeet. "This innovative app represents a significant advancement in patient care, giving practitioners a revolutionary new tool for precise digital casting and treating foot conditions. With SAM, practitioners can easily capture accurate 3D scans of their patients' feet, which can then be used to create custom-fit orthotics and other treatments."
Key features of SAM:
- Range of scanning protocols: Users can easily conduct common 3D scans with guided protocols for foam boxes, plantar surface unloaded, foot unloaded and more.
- Fast scanning times: Guidance features, automatic quality checks and clear protocols allow medical practitioners to complete a scan or take an image of their patients’ feet and lower limbs quickly and easily—ranging from 10 seconds to one minute per foot.
- Compatibility: SAM is compatible on most iOS devices that feature face unlock technology.
- Visualization options and voice control: Users can verify orthotic design by overlaying Phits orthotics onto the scan and work hands-free with voice control features to start and stop recording sessions.
- Advanced patient reporting: Through the integration with Footscan, the software automatically sends a personalized patient report to each patient before they receive their new custom insoles, helping them understand their treatment plan and improving patient buy-in.
SAM eliminates the need for traditional casting methods such as foam boxes or plaster casting and expensive bulky 3D scanning equipment, as the user-friendly app harnesses the 3D-scanning technology built into iPhones and iPads. SAM captures highly precise 3D scans of the patient’s feet, providing practitioners with a wealth of data to use for diagnosis and treatment planning.
ABOUT SUPERFEET WORLDWIDE, LLC: For more than 45 years, Pacific Northwest-based Superfeet has been creating innovative insoles featuring the Superfeet® shape, helping millions of people worldwide experience unparalleled comfort, pain relief, and performance. Today, through the latest advancements in 3D-printing technology, Superfeet is breaking down barriers associated with custom products by providing easier access to state-of-the-art personalized fit. Superfeet gives 1% of sales and countless volunteer hours to help others shape a strong foundation for a healthy future. For more, visit superfeet.com.
ABOUT SUPERFEET Rx: Superfeet Rx is the complete orthotic partner for North America’s most forward-thinking medical practitioners, offering a wide range of solutions, from digital assessment tools to custom 3D printed prescriptive orthotic devices and a complete selection of Superfeet over-the-counter orthotics. Established in 2023 to meet the unique demands of podiatry, physical therapy, chiropractic, and sports medicine practitioners, Superfeet Rx is a division of orthotics industry leader Superfeet Worldwide. For more, visit superfeet-rx.com.